I am still trying to catch up on my scrapbook. I am still doing pictures from 2005, before I even met my husband. Now I have a child. I am WAY behind. But, I am getting there. I am trying to be selective with what I scrapbook so I don't get too overwhelmed and too behind. I need to remind myself that not everything needs to be scrapbooked! Anyway.
These pages are from a trip I took to Disney World in August 2005. I realized I didn't have any pictures with me in them, but I still wanted to document the trip. So, I did anyway. I used the Disney Mickey and Friends cart for this page. And I did something I NEVER do: used white paper as a background. I wanted to focus on the pictures and the cutouts and I couldn't think of a paper to use as a background that did that as well as the white. So, it was done. Also, I LOVE pop-dots to add dimension. On this LO there are pop-dots for mickey, goofy, the sun, the airplane, Disney, the top layer of grass, and I think even the clouds. Like I said, I LOVE pop-dots!! Overall, I really like the way these pages turned out.
I didn't have a lot to document, just the date and the fact that it was ridiculously hot!! So, I just wrote a bit in the corner, so as not to take away from the images.

Close up of goofy.

Close up of Mickey.
I love the stickles on Disney. It really adds a lot and makes it more special!
These pages are from a trip I took to Disney World in August 2005. I realized I didn't have any pictures with me in them, but I still wanted to document the trip. So, I did anyway. I used the Disney Mickey and Friends cart for this page. And I did something I NEVER do: used white paper as a background. I wanted to focus on the pictures and the cutouts and I couldn't think of a paper to use as a background that did that as well as the white. So, it was done. Also, I LOVE pop-dots to add dimension. On this LO there are pop-dots for mickey, goofy, the sun, the airplane, Disney, the top layer of grass, and I think even the clouds. Like I said, I LOVE pop-dots!! Overall, I really like the way these pages turned out.
Close up of goofy.
Close up of Mickey.
cute! i wish i had the patience for scrapbooking - i did it during high school, but like you, got behind - but i gave up. now i just spend time writing in baby books, pasting in a few pictures and stuffing the rest into albums. :) way to persevere!
ReplyDeleteCute!!! Fun idea. It's fun to start a blog like this. Mine is camillesscrappinit.blogspot.com, but it's just my digital scrapbook.
ReplyDeleteYou're awesome!
This is so clever of you, what a great way of documenting an event with no pics. I love the white background, it really makes the characters pop. Great job
ReplyDeletehugs
Enfys x
That is so awesome that you have a hobby,good for you!! It's great to take time to do something you enjoy! Im glad you set up a new blog for your projects, but be careful, I might steal them!
ReplyDeleteYour layouts look great! I'm excited to see more!
ReplyDeleteOh wow.. thats a great layout.. love stickle too.. can't seem to get enough of it..LOL
ReplyDeleteGreat LO. I to am working on Disney June/July 2005 and yes it was VERY HOT. I thought I was the only one that far behind.
ReplyDelete