Thursday, February 26, 2009

First Post

I have been so hesitant to create this blog for several reasons: first do I really need to post my creations? Is anybody really going to care? Second, it is going to be more time; I am terrible at updating my family blog, what makes me think I am going to update this one? Third, I have no idea what to call it. My husband and I have been mulling over some names for days and I am still drawing a blank. I wanted it to be something cute and catchy, but also to describe what I like to do: create things. I love to make crafts and things. It gives such a sense of satisfaction to make something that wasn't there before.

So, as you can see, I decided to take the plunge and create the blog. First, Who cares if nobody sees my posts or if they don't care. It is fun for me to do. I create scrapbook pages for people to see, why not show more people this way? Second, it is ok if I don't update all the time. This is something more for me to do that I enjoy, making something that wasn't there before. Third, I can still change the name right? Any ideas?

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm here and reading! That's the beauty of a blog, it's yours, and you can do whatever you like with it. Good luck in your new adventures in bloggyland
    hugs
    Enfys

    ReplyDelete
  2. great! you know- the name of the blog could come from one of your favorite creations. that's how i came up with "golden tears of joy" -it's from one of my poems. anyway, it might be good to choose a name that reflects more "you" and not necessarily just the crafts you want to share. anyway- thanks for sharing stuff with us this way! i am interested to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo! We can be sisters in creative blogs! I have my own too and I rarely get comments so I always have to wonder - does anyone really care? But then I see that people do hit my site even if they don't have much to say, so I'll keep doing it. I have a hard time keeping mine current too, but it's for my Stampin' Up business, so I'm trying really hard to do better. I think your Disneyland layouts are fantastic - keep posting! We all need ideas. That's one of my favorite things about crafting - it's okay to take someone's idea and build on it. Really, I believe that there aren't any original ideas out there - we just build on each others' ideas! I'll keep thinking of a name for you...

    BTW, my blog is www.stampincrazed-amber.blogspot.com if you ever want to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will read it! And I think it is fun t o post the thing I create even if no one reads my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all.. Thank you so much for all the wonderful things you left on my comments. You should definatley start your own blog.. it gets addicting to post the work that you have done. I do it cause I feel all alone living in Finland and loving to scrapbook.. Its a hobby thats just now starting to get popular. I have been scrapbooking for a few years now and I love it.. If your are worried that no one carres or won't visit your blog, just get one of those visitor counters and then something that you can track where everyone is coming from.. you can get them from my blog, just by clicking on it..
    i will be watching your blog to see what you come up with.. its great to see others work to get ideas and inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete